PDI is seeking a product designer to shape the next generation of our Campaign Center, PDI’s suite of tools for Democratic and progressive campaigns and causes. You’ll collaborate closely with a team of product managers and engineers, as well as PDI’s support and sales teams to create delightful and easy-to-use products to power progressive victories up and down the ballot.
In this role, you’ll drive an end-to-end product design process, from research and ideation using insights gleaned from inside and outside of the building, to implementation and iteration.
This is a remote position (must be in the United States) reporting to the Chief Product Officer.
The salary range for this position is $95,000 - $125,000.
- Partner closely with product and engineering on not only your design roadmap but also the long and short-term product strategy for PDI’s Campaign Center.
- Using both PDI’s brand guidelines as well as learnings from your research, refine PDI’s design system and apply it to both new and existing product areas.
- Create feature concepts and wireframes.
- Produce clickable prototypes and high-fidelity mockups.
- Think about the full user journey from their first interaction with PDI to election day and beyond.
- Conduct user interviews and distill product insights from client interactions.
- Lead design reviews and share your work regularly with the company.
- You have 3 to 5 years of experience in UX, UI, or visual design with an ability to work cross-functionally.
- You have expertise in Figma, Sketch, InVision, Adobe Creative Suite, or similar software. We work mainly in Figma, so that experience is preferred.
- Your communication skills are superior. You’re not afraid to write and are comfortable presenting complex ideas to the team or to our clients.
- You have an eye for detail and a head for systems thinking.
- You have an interest in political tech and want to drive change in the political space through good technology.
- You are a self-starter who can thrive on a campaign calendar.
- You are not afraid to work on products that are highly technical in nature and require the happy union of software and data working harmoniously together.
Nice to Haves
We encourage you to apply even if none of these apply to you!
- You have worked or volunteered on a political campaign before. You know what it’s like to be in a field office and how hard campaign work is and how we can support our clients’ success through good design.
- Experience working with a remote team.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PDI values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBT individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. PDI is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of any characteristic irrelevant to our mission, including: race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.